I was nominated for a Liebster Award, which is just kind of a fancy get-to-be-nosy-for-free card that bloggers use to meet new bloggers. Fun, right?
Miss Desirae over at Okie Dear put together a list of 11 newer bloggers along with 11 questions for us to answer. And these are the rest of the rules for this version of the award:
And here are my responses to Desirae’s questions:
1. What is your idea of a perfect date?
Dinner and dancing. I LOVE to dance! (I’m not a nerd-mom ALL the time, geez!)
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Back in the classroom professionally, and personally, dealing with elementary school drama from FOUR kids at the same time. Pray for me.
3. What is your absolute favorite dessert?
Absolute? There is no absolute in dessert! There is only unlimited, undiscriminating love for all sweet treats. But if I have to pick one for today, it would be the chocolate lava cakes I made over the weekend. YUM!
4. Who are some people you would like to meet someday?
My grandkids. I hear they’re way more fun than their parents. This keeps me going some days.
5. What are some things that make you really happy?
Clean cars, clean kitchens, clean dishes, clean laundry. Particularly when I had nothing to do with their states of cleanliness.
6. Do you like things planned out or are you spontaneous?
Planned out to a fault. I love to surprise others, but don’t really like to be surprised. So lame.
7. Who in your life has influenced you the most and why?
Tough one. So many people. My mom, my Savannah family, my sweet husband. Too many to list!
8. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
A two-toed sloth. No expectations for speed. Lazy days hanging from trees. Sounds like heaven to me.
9. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
I’m a Jesus freak!
10. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
JJ–the nickname a dear friend gave me. And it stuck!
11. What songs are on your soundtrack of life?
Coldplay: Trouble. On repeat. Followed by the rest of songs from that album (Parachutes). Takes me back to South Korea (I’ll tell you about that another time!).
- Thank and link back to the blogger that nominated you
- Answer their 11 questions in your post
- Pick 11 blogs with less than 200 followers on Bloglovin’ to nominate (No easy task, I tell ya!)
- Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer
- Tag your nominees and comment on one of their posts to let them know!